We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morning in Santa Cruz

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Morning in Santa Cruz

We will have one night and a morning in Santa Cruz, Saturday in October. We are staying at Ocean Pacific Lodge, any suggestions for a good restaurant close by, and what are the top things we should do in four hours on Saturday morning. Cheers Angie

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,671 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morning in Santa Cruz

Well, as you probably know, you are right near the Boardwalk and the Municipal Wharf. There are quite a few restaurants on the Wharf.

The big hotel at the head of the Wharf, the Dream Inn, has recently undergone an expensive renovation and I believe their restaurant just re-opened. The views will be good from here, but I can't speak to the food or the cost.

However, I would walk the few blocks to the downtown area of Pacific Avenue, where you will find a lot of restaurants of better quality. I would suggest a sidewalk table at Hoffman's Bakery, for example. Or go a little further up the street and go upstairs to Rosie McCann's. Most of the restaurants have menus posted outside, and most have sidewalk seating.

This is a pretty, tree-lined street.

Just follow Pacific Avenue (your motel is on it) to Laurel Street. Hoffman's is on that corner. Be careful to watch the street signs and turn left at the first intersection you come to. If you continue to the next curve you will be on Front Street.

As for what you should do.....there is a lot of boutique shopping on Pacific Avenue, the Wharf has a colony of sea lions which are fun to watch, if you walk a little ways on West Cliff Drive you will come to Steamer's Lane, marked by a miniature lighthouse which is a surfing museum. Look over the cliff and you can watch some pretty skilled surfers.

Even if you are not interested in doing the Boardwalk rides, there is no admission to the Boardwalk and it is a fun people watching place. It also has a nice wide beach.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morning in Santa Cruz

Thanks Puter great advice, I fancy the walk to the surfer museum and hope there will be some people showing off their skills, should be fun. Cheers Angie

3. Re: Morning in Santa Cruz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 02, 2010