We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor
Santa Cruz
Search

I dont know what is wrong with me,im missing the place BAD!

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
I dont know what is wrong with me,im missing the place BAD!
Save

All i have i done since i got home was think about santa cruz and go on web sites to do with the place.We were supposed to be going to new york again next year but i want to go back to SC.Does this place normally have an effect like this? I keep reading the boardwalk book i bought and have watched the DVD.I have been looking to book for next year but the prices seem to have nearly doubled for me to come back!I really hope i can afford it.Sorry i know this thread is off subject but i just wanted to share this.

I really miss the place,the point of the holiday was to see the sights of the lost boys filming locations but the place is so much more.I didnt expect to feel this way!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
34,069 posts
5 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: I dont know what is wrong with me,im missing the place BAD!
Save

Hi, lostboy,

I am so glad that you loved Santa Cruz :~).

I don't think your comments are off-topic. People who might want to visit would be interested in how much you liked your visit.

In fact, it would be great if you would write a trip report to post on the forum, with all of the details of how you got here, how you arranged transportation, where you stayed, where you ate, what you saw, what you liked, what you didn't. Tips on how to get around without a car, etc, etc.

It might be of great help for someone else who wants to plan a trip to visit Santa Cruz.

Santa Cruz, CA
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: I dont know what is wrong with me,im missing the place BAD!
Save

Hey Lostboy, I understand how you feel. As a Santa Cruz resident I often venture out over our mountains to silicon valley or beyond for supplies or meetings. On my way back to SC I always get a feeling of anticipation and relief as I reach the mountain summit and descend down into town. And why not? Santa Cruz is a rare small American city surrounded by forests sitting on the sunny side of the Monterey Bay with no smog, near perfect year-round weather, the only seaside amusement park on the west coast of North America, small town friendliness with big town ideas and creativity, seven State Parks within a ten mile radius, a world class university, terrific ethnic food, and intact and vibrant downtown, a relaxed and casual approach to life and making a living, ocean wildlife at the city's edge, great surfing, sailing and kayaking, a healthy approach to eating, fitness and life, and best of all, great visitors like you who fall in love and remind those of us who live here how beguiling our city is. Sounds like you'll just have to plan ahead and come back when you can. We'll be here!

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
3. Re: I dont know what is wrong with me,im missing the place BAD!
Save

Still missing Santa Cruz pretty bad!

I am saving like mad already for next year,just need to get a good deal like this time.It doesnt look god though.

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
38,039 posts
7,367 reviews
3,531 helpful votes
4. Re: I dont know what is wrong with me,im missing the place BAD!
Save

Santa Cruz is a wonderful place to visit....nothing wrong with you....

There are also so many close by beaches (New Brighton, Half Moon Bay, Pt. Lobos by Carmel, etc. and the gorgeous redwood parks), its worth definitely returning.

So much more fun than a city vacation...and if you do yearn to see a city, Santa Cruz is only an hour + south of San Francisco!

Oh...please do say you're returning...we'll be so glad to welcome you back!

5. Re: I dont know what is wrong with me,im missing the place BAD!

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, October 02, 2009