We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry but another 6 flags quesiton

Which Santa Clarita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry but another 6 flags quesiton

Ok so we are in LA for a few days as part of a round world holiday ( other posts show where else we are going ) but we will have a car and I would like to go to Six Flags, we would be going in early July ( 1st or 2nd ) , I look on there website and they have a new flash pass called the platinum pass which doesn't give a whole heap of information on, normally I would think such a pass isn't worth the money but I am wanting to ride as much as I can as six flags is a LONG way from my home in Australia. As it is JUly I would think it would be a busy period, has anyone used this new pass and can provide any feedback on just how much time will be saved

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry but another 6 flags quesiton

Not sure on the pass, but a few other comments: Six Flags is quite a bit inland, and in July it is usually 30c and occasionally 35-40c. Just be prepared and bring lots of sunscreen and a good hat. Also, Sunday July 4 is US Independence Day. That will tend to make that weekend more crowded, along with Monday July 5 since most employers will provide that as a holiday since the 4th is Sunday. So your July 1-2 dates are probably the best.

You should figure out a place to be for July 4, lots of BBQs, street fairs, parades, and fireworks displays. Most cities have free displays of various sizes around 9pm, or you can buy tickets to a concert (anything from classical to pop to rock) accompanied by fireworks.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry but another 6 flags quesiton

Thanks for the 4th july we are heading up to Monterey and plan of drinking on a yacht, have a round of golf and then a couple of days later drive to San fran

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,904 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry but another 6 flags quesiton

i called magic mountain to ask about fast passes, and was told they recommend you purchase a fastpass after you go inside the park and see how busy they are as you may not need it.

you can ask any enployee where to purchase one if needed and they can explain the fastpasses to you there.

btw the fast passes are the same cost if you buy online on their website or inside the park.

Valencia, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry but another 6 flags quesiton

Kenish gave you great advice about the 4th of July weekend. Magic Mountain (MM) is right off Interstate 5. Traffic on I-5 is going to be horrendous on Friday, July 2nd between 2:00 pm and 9:00 pm because of the holiday weekend. If your hotel is in Los Angeles, you will be better off going to MM on Thursday, July 1st. If you go July 2nd, consider getting a hotel in Valencia so traffic won't be a problem for you when you leave MM. I'm not sure about the Platinum flashpass, but the lines at MM can be long during the summer months so the pass is probably worth it if you like to ride coasters. If you don't buy MM tickets online, there are always local summer promotions for entry discounts on soda cans (check Coca-cola, Dr. Pepper, 7-up) and through local supermarkets like Vons and Ralphs. MM gouges guests for food and drinks (two years ago they were charging $4 for a bottle of water!) They won't let you bring food in the park, but you can bring your own cooler with food and drinks and leave it in your car. MM has a shaded picnic area in the back of their parking lot. They don't publicize it, but the parking lot tram drivers will stop there if you ask.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorry but another 6 flags quesiton

thanks guys, yeah we are looking going on the 1st July

6. Re: Sorry but another 6 flags quesiton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 16, 2010