We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motel 666

Which Santa Clara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Motel 666

Paid $82 to stay at The Vagabond Inn thru Hotels.com.

Arrived to check in and were told that the hotel was overbooked, even though the parking lot was nearly empty and it was after 5 PM.

Manager argued with my wife and told us to go down the street to the Motel 6 (his family owned that and we would have a room there).

We arrived and the manager gave my wife a hard time about a receipt. Motel 6 was $45 / night on the sign. Finally he gave up a receipt showing $45.

We had asked for a non-smoking room. It was saturated with smoke. The walkways and surrounding areas were saturated with cigrarette smoke like it was being blown in from a fan.

The room was clean but the cigarette residue was so thick that we all had sore throats the next day.

I checked my bank account - I had paid using a debit card - and it showed $82, not $45.

I phoned Hotels.com and told them everything. They refunded us $20 and will send us a voucher for $40 for our next trip thru Hotels.com.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motel 666

Yuck! That is rotten. Hope you put it on the hotel review section of this site, too. Looks like you can review both Vagobond Inn and the Motel 6 with your bad experience. A hotel voucher is not great -- money back is better -- but at least they gave you some value back.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motel 666

Yuck! That is rotten. Hope you put it on the hotel review section of this site, too. Looks like you can review both Vagobond Inn and the Motel 6 with your bad experience. A hotel voucher is not great -- money back is better -- but at least they gave you some value back.