We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant for dinner

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Good restaurant for dinner

We will be in Santa Barbara for one night in two weeks (a Tuesday night) and would like to make reservations for dinner. We are two adults and two teenagers looking for a good restaurant with a nice outdoor patio (we're thinking the weather will probably be great for outdoor dining). My husband and I like all kinds of food but, unfortunately, the kids don't care for seafood -they like Italian, Mexican or American. Any suggestions? Price can be mid-range to higher end but we definitely don't want to get dressed up.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good restaurant for dinner

I'd also try Los Arroyos on Coast Village Road in Montecito. Very casual dining, but delicious, fresh Mexican food. There's an outdoor patio. Nice atmosphere, very popular with the locals. After dinner, you can walk down to Butterfly Beach and The Biltmore if you like (about 1/2 mile) or take a stroll on Coast Village Road which has lots of trendy shops and places for coffee or ice cream.

If you want a slightly fancier and more expensive place in Montecito, Trattoria Mollie is Oprah's favorite restaurant and she has had the chef, Mollie, on her show. I've seen celebs there occasionally. There's outdoor seating as well. But it will be more expensive than Los Arroyos. You won't have to dress up, but it's probably not shorts and flip-flops.

Also, for outdoor breakfast in Montecito, you might try Tom's Coffee Shop, also known as The Pharmacy at the corner of San Ysidro and East Valley in the Upper Montecito Village for celeb sighting. It's a non-assuming place, but locals go there a lot, including quite a few celebs. For trendier dining and great coffee with designs in your latte, try Jeannine's on Coast Village Road.

The suggestions from the others are good too. I'd go for Arts & Letters if you want to be downtown. It is tucked away--very Santa Barbara-like with an interior courtyard, fountains, flowers. They have Opera NIghts in the summer on Thursday nights (I know you'll be here on a Tuesday, but if anyone else is interested. . . ).

Hope you enjoy our beautiful town!

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Good restaurant for dinner

Thanks to all of you for the great suggestions. We start our California trip in two days - can't wait!!