We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Fess Parker Double Tree worth staying at?

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Fess Parker Double Tree worth staying at?

I've read many of the reviews on the Fess Parker Double Tree Hotel but I'm still not sure. We stayed at the "Town & Country Resort" in San Diego last year and hated everything about it because it seemed straight out of the 1970's without any updates even though we paid a fairly high price for it. Almost felt like an old Brady Bunch episode! This Double Tree sort of gives me the same feeling by looking at the web site, old, not updated...and straight out of the 1970's when Fess Parker was a well known actor. I love the location of this place but I'm hoping someone can give me a little reassurance. Thanks!

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is the Fess Parker Double Tree worth staying at?

I revise my original opinion. For under $200/night, totally! We usually stay at Harborview, but other than the location it isn't amazing. Just good, reliable. I doubt it could be worth $100 more per room than Fess Parker, unless the room category is completely different (oceanfront suite vs parking lot view, for instance).

California
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is the Fess Parker Double Tree worth staying at?

Thanks!

13. Re: Is the Fess Parker Double Tree worth staying at?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 27, 2014