we will be driving through the Santa Ynez area to visit some wineries and will be departing our Santa Barbara hotel Sunday morning to do so. We plan on taking the 154 to Solvang as a starting point. A couple of questions for anyone who can help:
1. Is it worth stopping in Cold Springs Tavern if we are not yet hungry for lunch? Does the site offer historical information we can make a quick stop to read/view?
2. Is there a stopping point around Lake Cachuma that we should look for, or is it pretty obvious that there are scenic stop off points on the 154?
3. Is there a central place to park in Solvang?
4. From Solvang, what is the best way to drive to Los Olivos? should we get back on the 154, take the 101, or is there a non-highway scenic route?
5. Is there a central place to park in Los Olivos?
Any other tips about driving through the area would be much appreciated, too. Thank you in advance for your help & expertise. We are excited for our trip.