We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Early August - Young-ish Couple (early 40)

Colorado
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Early August - Young-ish Couple (early 40)

Can you give lodging suggestions with great location in town? Right now I am looking a The Eagle Inn as an option.

Also, are there any Beer/Wine Festivals or Art Walks occuring first weekend of August in SB or nearby Solvang / Buellton? Looking for suggestions on what to see / do out there.

Thanks,

Todd

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Early August - Young-ish Couple (early 40)

Eagle Inn is in the West Beach area. West Beach is a good area for tourists - close to Stearns Wharf, the Harbor, and State St.

You will be here during Fiesta. Santa Barbara celebrates its Spanish-Mexican heritage with parades, fairs, music, dance, and food. www.oldspanishdays-fiesta.org/new/index.php

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Early August - Young-ish Couple (early 40)

We stayed at the Eagle Inn last year, and I would recommend it. It doesn't have a pool. I think there is another hotel across the street that does. The location was great. We walked to Stearns Wharf and the Harbor. I'm not sure about State Street though. It looked a bit skethcy especially at night and having to walk in an underpass underneath the highway.

We wished we had an extra day to enjoy more of the beaches and walking along the water, but I wanted a day in SB wine country.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Early August - Young-ish Couple (early 40)

I highly recommend driving to Los Olivos and enjoy some local wines. But be very careful about drinking and driving though. We saw several police cruisers outside of Los Olivos and other places nearby.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Early August - Young-ish Couple (early 40)

Hah, I should pass the comment about the sketchy underpass on to our local chamber of commerce. Santa Barbara does have a convenient shuttle that cruises along Cabrillo Ave and State St.

The Cabrillo Arts and Crafts Show is a market of local artists who sell their crafts along Cabrillo Ave, every Sunday. http://alturl.com/y9o36

Santa Barbara has wineries. http://santabarbara.com/winecountry/

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
618 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Early August - Young-ish Couple (early 40)

Fiesta!!!

6. Re: Visiting Early August - Young-ish Couple (early 40)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 17, 2014