We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive SBA to Ojai transportation options?

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sd
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Inexpensive SBA to Ojai transportation options?

I'm taking the train from SAN to SBA to meet a friend flying in from PIT. We need to find the most economical transportation from SB to the Oaks at Ojai. We're only staying a week, so a rental car isn't necessary unless it's much less than a round trip shuttle, bus, or cab fare would be. Are there hotels or other Ojai destinations that offer shuttle service to SBA? Are there discounts or promotional offers for transportation services besides AAA?

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
618 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive SBA to Ojai transportation options?

I don't believe you can get there by train. You should check Greyhound, i believe there is a Ventura to Ojai Greyhound bus so you would just need to get to the Ventura greyhound station. According to one cab website, a cab from Santa Barbara would run about $90 one way. A car rental might be your best bet

Edited: 10:27 am, April 17, 2013
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive SBA to Ojai transportation options?

Greyhound Web site does not show it serving Ojai. It does appear that there may be a local bus from Ventura to Ojai, though not on weekends tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32817-i1176-k4122…

I'd call the hotel and ask them for ideas. Certainly other visitors have asked the same question. You don't anticipate leaving Ojai during the entire week? I agree that a rental car may be your best bet. Shouldn't be a horrible cab ride from the train station to a rental car location. If you rent a car, you might want to drop by the nearby town of Santa Paula, with its 1950s-looking downtown.

Edited: 11:33 am, April 17, 2013
3. Re: Inexpensive SBA to Ojai transportation options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 19, 2014