We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for easy to moderate scenic walks/hikes

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
14,165 posts
312 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for easy to moderate scenic walks/hikes

I realize that other than beach walks, there are mountains! However, I am hoping you can point us to some easy to moderate hikes, maybe 4 miles max but shorter is fine. I have knee issues and use hiking poles, but good footing is important, preferably no stream crossings, and no scrambling. We are in good cardiovascular shape and in our early 60s.

We'll be staying at Bacara. Folks have recommended Inspiration Point and Rattlesnake, what do you think about those?

Years ago we stayed at San Ysidro Ranch and there was a hike there...went up into the hills. We turned around at a bench overlook. I cannot seem to find that one...it was about as hard as I could do then and probably now. (I have looked at santabarbarahikes.com.) Any ideas as to what that trail is and where we can find info?

Many thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
14,165 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for easy to moderate scenic walks/hikes

April is a great time...many blooms all over. I had not seen the poppies and ice plants blooming before, along the roadsides.

Santa Barbara, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Barbara, Channel Islands National Park
Level Contributor
860 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for easy to moderate scenic walks/hikes

I think San Ysidro Trail. You might email Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes - she has such amazing knowledge.

13. Re: Looking for easy to moderate scenic walks/hikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 23, 2014