We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic weekend in Santa Barbara

Long Beach...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic weekend in Santa Barbara

I'm planning a pre-anniversary weekend in Santa Barbara in April or May. I'm considering the Hyatt but was curious if this is a good hotel for us to have a little alone time, away from our kids. Also, any suggestions of what to do?

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic weekend in Santa Barbara

I haven't been inside that hotel since it became a Hyatt, but I don't think it matches the usual experience you get from the Hyatt chain. The Hyatt Santa Barbara is a good hotel, but (sorry Hyatt), there are 2 better Cabrillo Ave beachfront hotels in that price range. While their pool has an ocean view it seems a bit boring.

Look at the Fess Parker Doubletree or the Harbor View Inn. Better experiences IMO. The Harbor View is in the better location of these two. The west beach district is next to the Harbor, Wharf, and State St. You'll be going to this area, anyways - might as well be close enough to walk.

If you don't need to be by the beach and can spend a bit more, for a more romantic experience, take a look at the Simpson House Inn or the Spanish Garden Inn.

(By the way the Trip Advisor rankings of Santa Barbara's restaurants and hotels are messed up. Some places are ranked okay, but others shouldn't be as ranked highly and vice versa.)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,858 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic weekend in Santa Barbara

I'm a fan of the Fess Paker Doubletree, and find the large ocean view rooms romantic, sitting out on the balcony and watching the beautiful sunsets is a favorite part of the day.

There are bikes you can rent on the property to ride along the beach, a nice pool, restaurants, spa and a chocolate chip cookie at check in!

Good luck, we've spent many Anniversies in SB

Level Contributor
54 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic weekend in Santa Barbara

I'd have to agree with gnahcd,

Both the Simpson House and the Spanish Garden are nice and not nearly as big as the FP Doubletree. The Oceana is another one right down on the beach to have a look at.

Enjoy!

4. Re: Romantic weekend in Santa Barbara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 27, 2014