We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine tour cruise

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
746 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
wine tour cruise

WE are taking a wine cruise tour on Celebrity the end of April for 8 days. One of the stops is Santa Barbara. We have visited this city before and would like to take a wine tour on our own.

Are there wine companies that pick up at the port for a 1/2 day of tastings?

thanks,

janines

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine tour cruise

Don't know about tours out to the wineries in the Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Rita Hills or Lompoc area. However, there are quite a few tasting rooms right downtown in SB that would certainly occupy a few hours of your time.

Edited: 9:24 pm, January 07, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Lompoc
Lompoc
California
Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
746 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine tour cruise

Oregon John,

Thanks for the advice. After checking the date (sunday) that we are in port, I realized that we depart at 4 pm. That does not allow enough time to travel to several wineries and get back to the ship.

If you know the names of some tasting rooms that you enjoyed, I would appreciate the names.

I think this will be our best bet and see more of Santa Barbara,

Thanks,

Janines

Level Contributor
54 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wine tour cruise

Hi Janines,

There are about 16 tasting rooms in Santa Barbara city, all relatively close to where the boat will drop you off. urbanwinetrailsb.com is the site that give you the map and the rundown of each winery.

I'm a SB wine kind of guy and there is lots of quality around the county, including in the city. Check out Jaffers for Rhone varietals and awesome viogner! Also walk up State st and visit the trifecta of Au Bon Climat, Grassini Family and Margerum wine company. ABC winery is my favorite of the three, great SB pinot noirs.

Enjoy your trip,

Abe and Autumn

Asquaredadventures.com

Mentioned in this post
Rhone
Rhone
Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, France
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wine tour cruise

Don't know what happened to my answer to your question, but Abe and Autumn basically cover it. ABC is especially good and worth a visit -- their owner/winemake is a pioneer in the Santa Barbara area's evolution as a significant player in the wine world. He makes really luscious juice!

5. Re: wine tour cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 13, 2014