We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two night stay minimum on weekends?

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Two night stay minimum on weekends?

Hi,

I am planning an overnight stay in Santa Barbara on a Saturday night and have found that most of the accomodations have a two night minimum stay at weekends. Is this a strict rule? Has anyone had any luck getting around this rule by perhaps agreeing on a one night by speaking to the owner/manager of the establishment in advance of the booking? Unfortunately I am unable to stay any longer as I am travelling up the coast and have a timeframe I must work within.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
211 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two night stay minimum on weekends?

what date are you looking for? We sometimes have people who book Thursday and Friday which leaves Saturday open.

Paul

The Eagle Inn

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two night stay minimum on weekends?

It would be Saturday 4th May 2013, I know im looking quite far in advance, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what my options are. I probably won't be booking anything for a while yet.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
211 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two night stay minimum on weekends?

Well let me know closer to when you want to book and I'll see if I can help

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,430 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two night stay minimum on weekends?

The two night min is what most hotels can get, as there are many of us who drive-up from LA and nearby towns for weekend get a ways. They would loose business if Saturday nights were not available.

Try the Motel 6th by the beach, they might book this far in advance. You could always cancel if something better became available.

If you were looking another day then Saturday you might not run into this.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
618 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two night stay minimum on weekends?

Most hotels have a strict rule on this. You can try and wait until the very end, to see if something opens up but in all liklihood the places will be sold out.

6. Re: Two night stay minimum on weekends?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, August 21, 2013