We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner for 10 Friday

ejs
california
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner for 10 Friday

I will have to take my son and his friends out to dinner Friday of Easter weekend. Will we manage to get into Brophy Bros. in the harbor or should I look for some place that might not be as crowded? 4 adults, 6 college students.

Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Brophy Bros.
Brophy Bros.
2,089 Reviews
Santa Barbara, CA
KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner for 10 Friday

Maybe we will see you...my college son is making reservations at Chads for us for Friday night...Brophy Bros is good too...he said make reservations NOW for anything in town this weekend...hoping for decent weather. Are you bringing lots of money?!?!?!

Mentioned in this post
Brophy Bros.
Brophy Bros.
2,089 Reviews
Santa Barbara, CA
Goleta, CA
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner for 10 Friday

I live in Santa Barbara. Brophy Bros. is good food but I never go on the weekend because the crowds and noise levels are insane. A big group will likely have to wait a long time for a table as it is a very small restaurant. A big group like that might be better off at the Beachside in Goleta which is more expensive but is bigger, has excellent food, is right on the sand and is my absolute favorite near-beach restaurant.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara
California
Brophy Bros.
Brophy Bros.
2,089 Reviews
Santa Barbara, CA
Goleta
Goleta
California
ejs
california
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner for 10 Friday

Ended up going to the Palace, had a lot of fun. I guess the rain earlier that day kept the crowd down, didn't have to wait, they put two tables together.

Just to note, we ordered a 2002 bottle of wine that turned out to be very tannic. Just a sniff and I set mine down to wait 15 mintues to see if it would soften up. My wife mentioned that to the waiter you brought over the head guy, Erroll who asked us what we thought and then immediately pulled the wine and replaced it with a different bottle.

The waiters were energetic and perhaps frentic, they thought everything was fabulous and I didn't trust them to give an honest answer. Would definitely go back.