We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bouchon or Julienne?

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wheaton, Illinois
Level Contributor
131 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Bouchon or Julienne?

Hi,

My husband and I will be arriving in Santa Barbara this coming Saturday and staying 3 nights. I currently have a dinner reservation on Saturday at Julienne and on Monday at Bouchon (Sunday we are going on an all day wine tour). Looking at their current menus, I see a lot of similar choices, plus I'm really in the mood for a mojito which led me to finding Milk and Honey online. So, my question is which restaurant jumps out as the must-do between Bouchon and Julienne? Or am I nuts to want to cancel either of them to instead eat at Milk and Honey?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
113 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bouchon or Julienne?

They are both great restaurants and I'm sure you'd be pleased with either of them. Having said that Julienne is my hands down favorite for its food. I'm a real foodie and if you're at all adventurous this is your place. I would highly recommend their tasting menu with accompanying wines. The down side to Julienne is that it can be a bit noisy, not quite as romantic as Bouchon. Also, Bouchon has a nice outside eating area, if you are looking for that. Can't comment on Milk and Honey but you can go here to look at local reviews www.santabarbara.com/dining/review_read.asp…

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
618 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bouchon or Julienne?

Both are great. I have found that Julienne is much louder inside. The food is excellent at both but more complex at Julienne.

I love Milk and Honey. Great cocktails (some say the best in SB). It and its sister restaurant Alcazar are the only good tapas places in all of SB. Great atmosphere.

Santa Barbara, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Barbara, Channel Islands National Park
Level Contributor
833 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bouchon or Julienne?

haha - you are going to get a lot of different answers, but they are all correct. Bouchon is one of my favorite places - so it would be my pick. That said, you would be fine at either.

Wheaton, Illinois
Level Contributor
131 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bouchon or Julienne?

Thank you for the responses. It sounds like we can't go wrong either way. After looking at the menus again, we've decided on Bouchon for tomorrow night and Milk and Honey on Monday. I'm sure we'll be happy and full.. :o) Thanks again!

5. Re: Bouchon or Julienne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:42 pm, June 21, 2013