We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location for beach rental near Santa Barbara

MN
8 posts
Save Topic
Best location for beach rental near Santa Barbara

Where is the best beach location for a rental place for four women in or near Santa Barbara or Montecito. Are some beaches noisier , are some more desirable. We have never been to the area. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Montecito
Montecito
California
santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location for beach rental near Santa Barbara

Hi Vegas,

In your other post you mentioned you like to walk everywhere. I think you would really enjoy staying in what is known as the west beach area. Not sure what your budget is, but there are many hotels in that area that are either very close to or across the street from the beach and the bike/walk path. The nice thing about west beach is you can also easily walk uptown or take the 25cent trolly.

I consider all of our beaches uncrowded and quiet. We are not like Santa Monica or other very populated beaches, even at peak season.

If walking uptown and being close to our wharf and many restaurants appeals to you I would suggest the Harbor View Inn which is directly across from the beach and close to the wharf. I also think you might enjoy Villa Rosa which is a block from the beach as is the Franciscan Inn which has some cute nicely decorated cottages that could accommodate the 4 of you. Eagle Inn is also nice and has cottages as well. There are many more, but these I think are pretty nice and somewhat reasonable.

The Fess Parker Doubletree Hilton which another poster suggested is also very nice and is closer to east beach which is a great beach also. East and West beach area are only about a mile apart and the bike/walk path runs in front of both beach areas. You can also take the trolley from Fess Parker uptown or to west beach. SB is a pretty small town, and not difficult to navigate at all.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
Harbor View Inn
Harbor View Inn
1,382 Reviews
Santa Barbara, CA
The Eagle Inn
The Eagle Inn
2,114 Reviews
Santa Barbara, CA
2. Re: Best location for beach rental near Santa Barbara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:43 am, June 19, 2013