We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which lodging would you choose?

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which lodging would you choose?

I've read the reviews for both Castillo Inn at the Beach and Santa Barbara Inn. Price difference is about $85 a night for a 2Q room. Do you think Santa Barbara Inn is better for the addition cost?

(for a three-night stay)

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which lodging would you choose?

Hi 4family,

The Santa Barbara Inn is more of a resort hotel, I consider the Castillo Inn more of a motel even though it has had some recent upgrades.

If the $85.00 per night price difference is important and will give you extra money to spend on entertainment or nice restaurants then I think Castillo would probably be fine. At Castillo you are close to a busy street, so I would request a room with minimal street noise. The SB Inn is large enough that you would have a choice of room location away from busy Milpas Street.

At Castillo Inn you are within walking distance to the pier, the yacht harbor and quite a few restaurants. At SB Inn you have access to the 25 cent electric shuttle that stops directly in front of the hotel every 1/2 hr so you can ride the approx 1 mile to the pier or uptown.

If having a room with balcony and ocean view is important then SB Inn at east beach is your place. If having smaller accommodations and being a bit closer walking distance to pier, yacht harbor, restaurants and town is important then Castillo Inn at west beach would be a good choice.

The $255.00 savings would probably factor into my decision due to the minimal amount of time I would be spending at the hotel, I would much rather spend that money on nice restaurants or entertainment:-)

I know I didn't answer your question of which one, but hopefully the info will help you make the decision that would be right for you:-)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which lodging would you choose?

Thank you for the information. Yes, it does help. Since we'll be out and about with activities, etc., sounds like Castillo is a better bet for us. Thanks!

3. Re: Which lodging would you choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, June 17, 2013