We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Barbara accommodation

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Barbara accommodation

We are 2 Australian families 4A+ 2C and require accommodation (2 rooms) in Santa Barbara in December and can't find a hotel that has decent reviews and is at a reasonable price. We don't mind staying a little out of town as we have a rental car. We only need a place for 1 night as we are travelling through. We are fussy Aussies and as long as rooms are fresh and clean (not musty smelling) we won't mind. Can anyone help us out

Thanks

Brooke

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Barbara accommodation

You might consider staying at the Lemon Tree Inn at 2819 State St.

It's a good, basic motel with pleasant landscaping, a heated pool and restaurant on premises, and convenient to get in and out of. Santa Barbara is an expensive place to stay and so "under $150" would be considered inexpensive in the area. I believe that the Lemon Tree is still right around that for its least expensive rooms. Dec. can be tricky tho' since it's usually a popular time for visitors to come and enjoy the holiday season. If you happen to be staying over during a week nite, your chances will be better than on a Fri. or Sat. nite.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Barbara accommodation

Boy what a quick response!!!!

Thank You Forestvillian.

I will definately look into this motel.We will be arriving on a Sunday so hope this to be better than a Friday or Saturday.

I have also read reviews that Brophy's is the place to eat. Does it have fresh seafood like crabs and lobster as well as kids meals??

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Barbara accommodation

Brophy Bros. is a fun place to go, right on the water, so you can walk around if you have to wait for a table. They can get really crowded and it's a noisy, boisterous atmosphere--but friendly and good food. The Calif. spiny lobsters are in season and the Dungeness crabs will be available too--they are THE fresh catch of winter. Brophy's will have a daily list of what seafood is fresh. Here is Brophy's Website so you can check out a sample menu: www.brophybros.com

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Barbara accommodation

Pacifica Suites in Goleta i think meets your requirements, but is farther from lemon tree. I haven't stayed there for a few years but it was clean.

Level Contributor
35,228 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Barbara accommodation

Try the Harbor View Inn, we stayed there last Dec. and had a very good time. For fresh, delicous lobster and lobster bisque, check out the SB Shellfish Co. on Stearn's Wharf. We ended up eating there three times on our last visit. Yummy! :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Barbara accommodation

Thank you forestvillian,amjmaj4 and syrahgirl for all your help. I will be following up on your tips and my husband ssays the places you guys have recommended to eat seafood sounds great. It made his mouth water just thinking about it.I will keep you all posted on what we decide and thanks again you have been a great help. The lemon tree inn and pacifica suites sounds like they are better suited for us. We just wish the Aussie dollar would go up a bit more. we only get about 75c to your dollar.

Good for you guys bad for us aussies.

Anyway will keep you informed

Till then

Bye