We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlet Malls

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Outlet Malls

Hi

Looking forward to our holiday in Santa Barbra next month, can anyone confirm the nearest outlet mall to Santa Barbra?

We have visited CA previously and attended both Cabazon and Dessert Hills outlet malls, unfortunately cannot remember the best one out of the two, perhaps someone may be able to clarify the best one, if it helps it���s the one located just of the interstate between LA and Palm Springs, if I���m correct it took approx 50mins driving time from Palm Springs.

Thanking you in advance

Ben

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outlet Malls

Your closest outlet malls are probably Camarillo Malls - about 45 minutes away.

UK
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Outlet Malls

Thanks juxie for your reply

california
Level Contributor
374 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outlet Malls

Hi,

I think the Desert Hill outlets are the only true outlets left in CA. In other words, they actually have stuff that was in the store, damaged or overstocks.

The Camarillo outlets are more typical of most Southern California outlets, with most merchandise being specifically made for the outlet.

I'd highly recommend the Desert Hills outlet, but that mihgt not be practical if you're staying in Santa Barbara. It is a 3 1/2 hour drive from SB. If you're going to be in LA, though, you're right, its only about an hour or so.

Have fun!

Seattle, WA
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Outlet Malls

check out http://www.outletlocator.com

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Outlet Malls

The Territory Ahead is a clothing store based in Santa Barbara. They do mail order sales, and have a store on lower State St. in Santa Barbara. Their outlet store is also located about a block down on the other side of State St.

Their clothes are casual nice and will be unique.

http://www.territoryahead.com/default.asp

UK
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Outlet Malls

Hi

Thanks everyone for your input

May I clarify; is Desert Hills Outlet, the one located en-route to Palm Springs?

If so, can anyone tell me what freeway is best?

I know it appears to be a long way, but US distances are very different from UK distances.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Outlet Malls

I googled Desert Hills Outlet: www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp…

Then I checked the driving directions with Rand McNally:

randmcnally.com/rmc/…

The Rand McNally site spits out 184 miles, 3 hours driving time between Santa Barbara and Cabazon.

The Rand McNally site suggested 10 east, but when I go east I like to skip 10 east and take 126 east to 5 south to 210 east instead.