We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Santa Barbara

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First visit to Santa Barbara

I had a great visit to Santa Barbara yesterday. We started with the Zoo since I work at a zoo I'm always interested in other zoos. I really enjoyed the Zoo. Beautiful naturalistic settings for the animals, enough space for them. Well done. Gibbon Island was very good. I had a special interest to see the giraffe with the crick in her neck since she was born at our Wild Animal Park. I'm glad to hear she is doing fine and had a baby as well.

Then we spent time checking out State Street. Very pretty street with the shops and trees along the road. They were setting up a Farmer's Market at 4 PM - I'm used to seeing the markets on the weekends. Finished up the visit with a nice dinner on Stearns Wharf.

The only surprise I had was how hot it was! Especially so close to the bay. Definitely need some onshore breezes here!

I really enjoyed Santa Barbara and will be coming back for more visits!

Level Contributor
34,986 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit to Santa Barbara

Hi! We had our first visit to SB in December. Stqyed at the Harbor View Inn and had a very nice time. We also enjoyed Montecito, would love to stay at the Four Seasons some time there. :)