We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Barbara or San Diego?

St. Pete, FL
2 posts
Save Topic
Santa Barbara or San Diego?

Looking for a week-long romantic getaway on or very near the beach and within walking distance of sedentary activities (i.e., shopping). Enjoyed San Diego (Mission Bay area) some time ago, but Santa Barbara sounds nice too. Any thoughts?

Santa Barbara Art Glass
Art Galleries, Lessons & Workshops
Cebada Wine
Wineries & Vineyards, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Wine Bars, Farmers Markets
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,483 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Barbara or San Diego?

I alwasy like going to new places. I would say if you have been to SanDiego and are looking for a different romantic getaway then try SantaBarbara. They have some nice places there and also wineries nearby. I dont know about the shopping. You can take a scenic drive north along the coast as well.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Barbara or San Diego?

I agree that you should try something new. Be aware that San Diego is over 10 times as large (area and population) as Santa Barbara.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Barbara or San Diego?

Laguna Beach would be another alternative to consider.

All are nice getaway locations.

Mentioned in this post
Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach
Orange County, CA
4. Re: Santa Barbara or San Diego?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 28, 2009