We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free long term paring for Military on leave

CONNECTICUT
1 post
Save Topic
free long term paring for Military on leave

I would like to know if John Wayne airport provides free long term parking for Military on leave like San Diego airport does. My son is coming home next month before his second deployment to Iraq and it is much closer to leave his car in Santa Ana then in San Diego. Please advise.

Sin City
Level Contributor
899 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: free long term paring for Military on leave

O, parking, wasn't sure if you were asking about parking or pairing. That's a whole other subject. (949) 252-5200 Is their phone number. info@ocair.com is their e-mail address, contact them and ask.

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: free long term paring for Military on leave

If they don't, check with Ontario. They have a big USO there, maybe you could call them and ask.

(909) 390-4274

marinewife_tx
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: free long term paring for Military on leave

Did you have any luck finding free long term parking for military on leave at John Wayne? Also, which parking lot offers for military parking at the San Diego airport?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: free long term paring for Military on leave

I lived in San Diego for 3 years and never heard of that. I'm pretty sure that the best you can do is park in long term parking on base, and take a cab to the airport.

marinewife_tx
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: free long term paring for Military on leave

I called both the Santa Ana and San Diego airports as well as the USO-San Diego and they all said that neither airports have free long term military parking. San Diego will validate short term terminal parking with an active military ID or give the first day free on long term terminal parking. However, terminal parking at San Diego is $24 per day!

My husband is parking at the MCRD and taking a taxi to the aiport for about $10.

Thanks for the reply AL-the-squid.