We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Chorlito

Which San Simeon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
El Chorlito

Hi,

I have been recommended a visit to El Chorlito. Looking at the menu it would be wonderful if my husband didn't have to drive. Is there a hotel in the area which we could walk from? Is the Best Western too far?

Many thanks for your help.

Daisy

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,420 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: El Chorlito

And if you absolutely must have Mexican food while staying in Cambria, there is Las Cambritas or Medusa's,

although the Creekside Cafe serves Mexican food, as well.

Cambria, California
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: El Chorlito

Best value for the buck is Boni's Tacos. Nothing fancy, just a little taco trailer parked next to Bank of America on the weekends. A big "Locals" favorite. I usually eat it at the new park next to Mustache Petes or take it down to the picnic tables at Leffingwell. Cheap good mexican food. He also has a little place down in "tin city".

I personally think El Chorlito to be just ok. Kind of bland. I guess you have to be to cater to tourists. They also only have a beer/wine license, so their "wine" margaritas are not very good. If you like real margaritas with your mexican food, go to Las Cambritas. They have a full bar. They also have a nice patio out back. The food at Las Cambritas is better than El Chorlito; however, I commute to Paso Robles every day from Cambria for work. If your trip includes wine tasting over in Paso, get you mexican food there. much better

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,420 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: El Chorlito

Ok, Cambriafisherman

Where do you go in Paso for Mexican food?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I've pretty much tried them all in Five Cities and don't care for any of it!

Cambria, California
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: El Chorlito

Kibblesmom, I like La Mexicana on 13th St. I believe somebody posted a review recently. Very good mexican food. Papi's is not bad either but their service is kind of slow.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,420 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: El Chorlito

Thanks, cambriafisherman

If I'm ever up that way, I'll have to give it a try.

16. Re: El Chorlito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, October 11, 2009