We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SLO the Ist of April 2007

Charleston, S.C.
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
SLO the Ist of April 2007

My wife and i will be arriving in SLO March 31st. What kind of weather can we expect? I thought we would spend one night here since are flight arrives late in the afternoon and then head up the coast to Hearst's Castle and the wine country in that area.

What suggestions do you have for a vacation lasting 3 1/2 days?

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
453 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SLO the Ist of April 2007

Hi,

It's not that far of a drive to the Cambria/San Simeon area, if that is where you are staying, so it is not necessary to spend one night in SLO, & the rest somewhere else. Where are you staying?

My husband & I just got back from a 3 day weekend in Cambria (see Cambria forum), but we had our 3 year old this trip, so some of our activities probably wouldn't interest you.

Just wine tasting in the Paso Robles region could take up most of your trip, especially since you visiting Hearst Castle also. Check out pasowine.com to see which wineries in the area (there are now over 100) you are interested in visiting. My husband & I belong to 5 Paso area wine clubs, so I think you will really enjoy the wine.

You might enjoy some shopping in Cambria, plus it has a beautiful beach, quite often with sea lions hanging out. I'm not sure if the elephant seals are around in April, but if they are, Piedras Blancas (north of Hearst Castle) is a great place to view them.

In SLO itself, there is the mission, and some great shops. Morro Bay has a ton of beach/harbor activities, and a natural history museum.

Weatherwise, it can really vary in California that time of year from the 70's to quite cold. I'd bring layers & an umbrella. Probably be in the 60's, but you never know. Cold at night regardless. I always figure if I don't have the needed clothing it gives me an excuse to shop.

Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Cambria
Cambria
San Luis Obispo County, CA
San Simeon
San Simeon
Paso Robles
Paso Robles
Morro Bay
Morro Bay
2. Re: SLO the Ist of April 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 20, 2009