We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

Ok we was going to go Santa Cruz then it was San Jose now were going SLO on the Saturday as we have heard its a college town.

What are some good Bars/clubs to visit.

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

What kind of places are you looking for? SLO Brew in SLO is popular and has music. Local hangouts include McClintocks in Arroyo Grande, Harrys in Pismo Beach and Mr. Ricks in Avila. There are many bars along Higuera St. in downtown SLO (near SLO Brew). Be careful, SLO is a low tolerance town (and zero tolerance for drinking and driving). Walk, take a taxi or have a DD.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

Thanks mate. were looking for bars were we can meet people and have a laugh then go to a good club. We have heard it has a college town so wanna have some food

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,042 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

You won't find much in the way of clubs in SLO. The Graduate comes the closest, but I don't think they serve alcohol there beyond beer or wine, if even.

Downtown SLO has Spike's, Bull's Tavern and The Library for the bar scene.

Keep in mind that you have to be 21 YO to drink alcohol in the states and that law is strictly adhered to. You don't say how old you are, but your TA handle makes me think you're quite young.

Come and have fun, but stay safe.

Edited: 10:24 am, September 02, 2013
Level Contributor
34,986 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

There is a fun lounge at Marisol @ The Cliffs Resort in Shell Beach. They have live music there on the weekends and this hotel is in a beautiful setting. :)

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,251 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

Cal Poly's fall term doesn't start until Sept 23, so I don't know how much will be going on at the bars in town. A lot of students will be just showing up and moving in that weekend. People who stayed over the summer will be in town, of course, and those renting apartments for the term may have gotten into town earlier.

registrar.calpoly.edu/registrar/node/28

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,042 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

Cuesta classes have resumed, so there is some college crowd activity in town.

I've also been fielding calls at work from Poly parents asking about mattresses, so they are moving their students up into dorms or private residences right now in preparation for WOW Week.

Edited: 1:17 pm, September 02, 2013
Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,042 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

WOW Week starts Sept. 16, BTW

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

Partyhard,

Just wanted to make sure you know that the drinking age of 21 is very strictly enforced in the US. Bars and clubs typically don't even admit anyone under that age. It's been a sore disappointment to several young European visitors, who had enjoyed clubbing since the age of 15 or so and were horrified to learn they wouldn't be doing any of that in the US.

Also wanted to let you know that many (not all, I'm sure) of the us who offer advice on Tripadvisor are well beyond your age group. I'd guess most of us are 40+ years old. So perhaps not the best source of info on youth oriented clubs...it would be mostly word of mouth from our kids or grandkids. You might want to look on Yelp, for instance, which skews younger.

Edited: 1:29 pm, September 02, 2013
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

Based on his postings on the SF forum, the OP is 29.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,251 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: will be in SLO Sept 21st.Best Bars/Clubs.

Some of us aren't quite that old... yet ;-)