We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel for a 1 night stop over in San Luis Obispo enroute to San Francisco from LA? It is part of our honeymoon so would like something special.

Level Contributor
36,376 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel recommendations

Cambria is very nice! Check out The Blue Whale Inn there. :)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel recommendations

Hi again,

Puter - yes it was a travel agents who suggested San Luis Obispo! Not knowing the area we would have just listened to them - so now I'm really pleased that I came on here!

Sutter - thanks for your feedback on the Madonna Inn - we had looked on their website and thought that although many reviews thought the place was tacky - it looked interesting and something different - however I'm now definately leaning towards Cambria - which sounds really beautiful.

Kibblesmom & Seaspirit - thank you for the hotel suggestions - will check them all out online today.

We are hoping to book by the end of this month at the latest - so all your help is invaluable! Just need to decide whether to book through a travel agent or do it ourselves - but were struggling to find flights! They're so expensive!

x

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel recommendations

Sorry, another question....

I have seen some comments in previous threads regarding drive in movie theaters, is this something we may find around this area?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,752 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel recommendations

We do have a drive-in theater in San Luis Obispo. It can be seen as you drive into town along Highway 101: Sunset Drive-In

SLO and Cambria are about 45 minutes apart, so not sure you would want to back track just for a movie. If this is something that feels like a "must" for you, then I suggest you find lodging closer to SLO so you're not doing so much driving back and forth.

Here are a few lodging options in/near SLO that I think would make for a lovely stay:

Avila Valley Inn

Dolphin Bay Inn

San Luis Creek Lodge

Garden Street Inn

Inn at Morro Bay

You certainly have your work cut out for you, Jen. Decisions, decisions.....

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotel recommendations

Madonna Inn does have its fans. Just struck us as more of kitchy (deliberately so) motel than romantic hotel. To each their own.

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotel recommendations

You might also consider some of the hotels in the Pismo/Shell Beach area. The Shore Cliff & Shelter Cove both have ocean views. In Pismo the Sea Venture is right on the beach.

17. Re: Hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 23, 2013