We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SLO / Paso Bike Route Help

Fresno, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
SLO / Paso Bike Route Help

My husband and I will be visiting the SLO/Paso Robles area next weekend and are looking for some suggestions. We are fairly new to road biking and are looking for suggestions for a couple of rides to do while in town. Hoping to ride a flat (if possible) 20 - 30 miler and include wine tasting along the way, possibly in the Paso Robles area. Also, we are staying in SLO and would like a scenic ride leaving from SLO for another day, somewhere along the same distance. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

N California
Level Contributor
507 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SLO / Paso Bike Route Help

It has been many years since I did much biking around SLO, but I might think of going south from SLO through the Edna valley area. There are a number of wineries and it would be flatter and cooler. A couple of other options might be the ride out to Montana de Oro park south of Morro Bay, through Los Osos valley, or the ride to Avila Beach. You might want to ask at a local bike shop for details on the best routes for these.

Paso Robles can be pretty hot this time of year.

Shell Beach...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
2,995 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SLO / Paso Bike Route Help

This link may give you some ideas for bike tours.

visitslo.com/cm/…20Tours.html

las vegas
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SLO / Paso Bike Route Help

When I was in Paso Robles several years ago I did a very pleasant ride from the downtown area to Lake Nacimiento and back. This does not quite fit your criteria because it does have some hills and does NOT pass any wineries, but I recommend it anyway because the round trip distance is 30 miles, there was no traffic, and it was a very pretty ride.

Paso Robles is flatter and more arid to the east of the 101, and hillier and more lush to the west of the 101. There are wineries in both directions. So, if your priority is a flatter route, ride to the east, but if your priority is a more scenic route, ride to the west. With this map it should be easy to chart your own itinerary hitting several wineries (just stay off the main highways) : http://www.pasowine.com/wineries/map.php

4. Re: SLO / Paso Bike Route Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 02, 2012