We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What airport?

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
186 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
What airport?

My daughter and her boyfriend will be visiting friends in San Luis Abispo in December. They will be flying in from Oklahoma. Where and what airport will they want to arrive at?

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What airport?

I think that the only practical choice would be to fly into L.A. (LAX) and then either rent a car to make the approx. 3.5 hr. drive up to San Luis, or best option, book another flight into San Luis Obispo County Airport (SBP), http://sloairport.com, which is one of my favorite small regional airports. It'll just depend upon their schedule and cost constraints.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What airport?

You can also fly to San Jose (SJC) and drive down to SLO (2-2.5 hours)

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What airport?

US Airways will take them from Oklahoma City right into San Luis Obispo, with a change of planes in Phoenix.

I have no idea why someone would suggest flying into an airport four hours (plus traffic) away.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
186 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What airport?

Thanks for all of the help. I hope to help them book a flight right into SLA. Thanks again.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What airport?

I don't know...flying into Salta, Argentina seems kinda out of the way.

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What airport?

SBP - San Luis Obispo.

US Airways also has a direct flight from Vegas to SBP. So you can either go thru Phx or SBP.

You can also fly either AA or United through LAX. They have connections to SBP.

Personally, I would avoid the new Delta flight through SLC to SBP.

There are lots of choices and SBP is a wonderful small regional airport.

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
34 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What airport?

I've done the Salt Lake City/San Luis Obispo flight several times. The only reason I could see that it would be a problem would be the chance of bad weather in SLC that time of year.

8. Re: What airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, September 11, 2009