We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feed me

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, England
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Feed me

We're visiting SLO (gosh, I feel like a local calling it that) on Sunday May 29th. Has anybody got recommendations for a nice / groovy place to have dinner.

My wife is a veggie whereas I like meat but can be persuaded to go veggie as long as it's not bland.

All suggestions recieved with thanks.

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
800 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feed me

Some recommendtions for SLO eating:

NOVO (on Higuera): great atmosphere if you sit outside over the creek, excellent fusion food, lots of vegie, fish, some meat but definitely not a steak & potatoes kind of place., definitely not bland, tends towards spicy.

Cafe Roma, (by the Railroad station): wonderful family owned Italian, very nice, somewhat expensive, favorite of locals for special occasions.

Thai-riffic: best thai in the area.

Big Sky (on Broad, off Higuera): local favorite, noisy, fun place. all kinds of good food, moderate prices.

I'm sure both of you would be happy at any of these restaurants!

Enjoy the SLO life!

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feed me

Thanks for the suggestions. We will check out NOVO and Big Sky. Cheers once again.

San Jose
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Feed me

On some newsstands in the Downtown SLO area, you'll find a guide that lists the complete menus of several restaurants. Appropriately enough, I believe it's called "Menus." It's published by the same people as "New Times," the weekly entertainment guide you'll also find at newsstands.

Look around the area where the 7-11 is on Marsh St., the other main street that runs the opposite direction of Higuera St.

Incidentally, since you happen to mention "sounding like a local," there is an F. McLintock's restaurant on Higuera St. which prides itself as the one where the locals eat. (Tourists tend to go to the McLintocks with the ocean view at Shell Beach.) I love their Trail Camp beans.