We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Meal

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
7 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Meal

We will be in San Jose on Thanksgiving with two small children. We aren't looking for anything really fancy, but we are wondering what local spots would be open and recommended on Thanksgiving Day. We aren't interested in chains if it can be helped. We don't even have to have the traditional meal but just good food. As California natives and now east coasters, we sorely miss good Mexican food and a lot of other foods cooked California style. Thanks for the help!

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
15,556 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Meal

Most of Santana Row and places downtown should be open. Will let someone else answer about Mexican places as I am still looking for my favorites. Besides Mexican food, what other style or restaurants are you missing? What part of SJ will you be staying?

Edited: 10:32 am, November 11, 2013
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,985 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Meal

I would guess that almost any non-US-food restaurant might be potential. I'd do a web search and phone up to be sure since they may close anyway if they anticipate a lack of business that day. There's many Asian Indian restaurants in the area and they are very children-friendly.

A number of pubs (ie bars with good food and who also welcome children/families), like Irish ones are open too. There will be a number of scheduled sports games that could be watched in the pubs. Lilly Mac's in Sunnyvale even had some complimentary food if you showed up at certain hours on Thanksgiving Day.

Edited: 11:51 am, November 11, 2013
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Meal

If you are looking to do something different there is a lunch/dinner cruise in San Francisco Thanksgiving Day. http://www.hornblower.com/port/overview/sf+thanksbuffet

4. Re: Thanksgiving Meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 20, 2014