We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJC to SF Caltrain

Reno, Nevada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
SJC to SF Caltrain

Hi,

I'll be arriving at the San Jose airport at 7am tomorrow morning and I need to get to the San Francisco Caltrain station. What are my options? The goal is to get to the SF Caltrain station in time to take an 8:30am Megabus if that is at all possible rather than having to wait for the 4:30pm megabus. I'm sure I can find things to amuse myself with in SF if I have to wait till 4:30 :-)

Thank you for your help!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,850 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SJC to SF Caltrain

Short of renting a car there is no way to get to SF and even then there won't be time to drop off the car. So 4.30 it has to be

caltrain.com/schedules/weekendtimetable.html has the schedule and you can take the free shuttle to the Santa Clara station and take Catrain from there.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
17,148 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SJC to SF Caltrain

I just looked at your post again... you arrive in SJC on a flight at 7 am and need to be on an 8:30 am bus from SF. Not happening, even with a rental car, good train schedule or anything short of time travel or teleportation. A taxi "might" work, if the flight is on time and there's no traffic (unlikely given this is rush hour), but the odds are heavily against it.

If this is tomorrow, Friday, you want to look at the weekday Caltrain schedule....

California
Level Contributor
117 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SJC to SF Caltrain

I disagree. If the plane is on time and you get off promptly, walk quickly and have carry-on bags only, you should make it to the taxi stand with time to get to the Caltrain station. The station is not that far from the airport.

Of course, all the above needs to happen. Good luck.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,651 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SJC to SF Caltrain

Spartan - OP is flying in to SJC and not SFO.

OP- no can do my friend. Take the 4:30. Wander around the ballpark or waterfront.

California
Level Contributor
117 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SJC to SF Caltrain

Whoopa. My bad. Chinita is right. Impossible to do. Lots to do in SF though.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SJC to SF Caltrain

Old post.

7. Re: SJC to SF Caltrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 26, 2014