We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
675 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Thank you TA members for all the help. My 10 day trip went well and the recommendations really helped.

1. We ended up going to SF first weekend and then moved to san Jose where DH had work.

2. San Jose- we booked the Hilton as it was in the limit set by his company. Downtown Hilton is just about ok to stay in. Very drab interiors and staff were not at all friendly as compared to those in Hilton SF. Breakfast options were limited (again comparing to what we had in Hilton SF).

Hotel was very convenient for public transport. Used the light rail to get to Great Mall, bus23 to Santana row and valley Fair

3. Day 1- walked around downtown and liked San Paedro square. Streets are not that far to explore. Ate at the market

Day2- Valley fair and Santana Row

Day 3- Great mall. Took the light rail

Day 4- had a hair cut at Umbrella Salon. Was ok on the first day but looked terrible after the first wash.

Day5 - took the caltrain to Palo Alto Univ avenue. Spent the afternoon there.

Day6 -tried the pizza place at the San Paedro market and flew back.

4. Rainbow cabs are very easy to get around here.

5. Didnt end up in any museum. Got too lazy to go there on my own.

Otherwise San Jose downtown was quiet and relaxed. Next time will rent a car to move around.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,989 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the report. It sounds like you literally went to town here. It's nice to hear that everything worked out. The last week here had some great weather too.

It sounds like DH has a reasonable company. My company makes it hard to find places that are within per diem limits, or maybe it's just the lousy travel website that they make us use.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
675 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

DarthAnonymous ,

yes the weather was great. And thank you for all the responses.

Level Contributor
34,201 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the report! You may want to write a review of the Hilton here. :)

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,685 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Glad the trip went well. And you are very brave for going to an unknown salon ;-) - I've gone to the same woman for 20+ years... I don't know what I will do if she retires...

5. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 21, 2014