We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near HP Pavilion

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
631 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near HP Pavilion

Taking two 9 year old girls to a Justin Bieber concert in June 2013 and looking to splurge on a hotel nearby HP Pavilion for the night. We plan to get ready in a dbl/dbl room (hoping for early check in), drive to the concert (no walking late at night with young ones), back to the hotel to crash for the night then wake up to a cozy morning & decent breakfast. Right now I'm considering Hotel DeAnza, The Sainte Claire, Hilton San Jose and The Fairmont. The Marriott & Hyatt have no availability and I'm not too impressed with the looks of the Arena Hotel ... Any thoughts or input???

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near HP Pavilion

Forgot to mention that The Sainte Claire & Fairmont have the best price for that night, the Hilton appears to have the largest rooms and the DeAnza seems to be the most conveniently located .... Help!

Edited: 10:16 am, December 23, 2012
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,603 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near HP Pavilion

Hotel de Anza is great and very close to HP Pavilion. In fact, if you drive to the concert and park, you probably wont be much, if any closer to the venue. Fairmont and Hotel St Clair are farther, of course, but if you choose one of them and don't want to walk back, a cab wont be more than 10 buck incl. tip. I imagine parking will be more than that. All are great choices.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near HP Pavilion

Good insight about the location of the Hotel DeAnza & cabs to other hotels! Although it seems like walking to the DeAnza or cabbing it to the Fairmont will take a similiar amount of time? .... Just curious, what are other reasons to choose the Hotel DeAnza besides location???

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
25,450 posts
5,650 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near HP Pavilion

I would probably go for the Fairmont. They have the nicest sit down "lounge" area - I hesitate to cal it a lounge as its mroe a luxury sitting area nice for families. The pool is nice. Its also central to other things to in the area - i.e. The Tech Museum and art museum (note: the art museum is free and right next door). The park across the street is nice. The St. Clair and the Fairmont are fairly close - i.e. a few minutes walk from one to the other. They are more centrally located to other activities to do in San Jose. For more luxury, I would go with the Fairmont. There are several restaurants on site.

If you were just staying the night to see the concert, I agree Hotel De Anza would work. Its also short walking distance to Spaghetti Factory, Sonoma Chicken and other family friendly restaurants. The arena is close by. The walk from Hotel De Anza to the Fairmont is about 10 minutes walk (i.e. average speed....).

All 3 are nice- but if I wanted a bit of luxury, I would go for the Fairmont....

You are right about Arena hotel - its more of a budget place while the other 3 are more luxurious....and my favorite of the 3 is the Fairmont.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near HP Pavilion

Spent my wedding night at the Fairmont. It is very nice.

California
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near HP Pavilion

I would just stay at DeAnza. Super convenient and the 2-dbl rooms are fairly large. Nice restaurant downstairs but if it's not open for breakfast plenty of places within a block.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near HP Pavilion

Thanks for the input! Since we won't be in the room much we decided to go with the DeAnza since it's walking distance to the HP Pavilion and appears to be pretty cute. :)

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near HP Pavilion

The DeAnza is a great choice. You can walk to the Pavilion, it is next to San Pedro Square with lots of fun dining choices, and it is a beautiful historic hotel.

9. Re: Hotel near HP Pavilion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 11, 2014