We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find the best restaurants for...

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to find the best restaurants for...

Hawaiian food. I love ahi poke and we just can't get it here in Texas.

A great burger with fries and maybe a wide selection of beers of tap.

Delicious dessert to go, like a slice of pie or cheesecake to eat in the hotel room.

We are staying part of the trip in San Jose and part of the trip in Santa Clara and are willing to drive for a great meal.

Thanks!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,460 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to find the best restaurants for...

Maybe Pacific Catch in Campbell, it is more Pan Asian Latin, but they do have good poke.

Hukilau on Jackson St might be good too.

There is also the Hawaiian Drive Inn fast food plate lunch places where they have lots of Hawaiian options, just not poke unfortunately.

Stanford, California
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to find the best restaurants for...

Hukilau is good

http://www.dahukilau.com/sanjose/menus

We like it - but to see more comments from others also...to be sure its what you are looking for:

yelp.com/biz/…20Food

(however the best Hawaiian food is in Hawaii - smile)

For burgers and a beer, there is the usual In and Outs, Chilis, etc. but for burgers and a beer in Santa Clara

St. Johns Grill

http://www.stjohnsgrill.com/

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to find the best restaurants for...

I'd like to divert your attention to subcontinental Indian food. There's choices of that around that are really hard to beat. It's a forte in the Silicon Valley.

For Indian beer, I like Taj Mahal a lot more than Kingfisher. My beer tastes lean towards malty, smooth & citrus-y like Sam Adams (Boston Lager, Oktoberfest & Irish Red). Besides Killian's Irish Red and some microbrews, those are the only US beers I enjoy. I avoid the rest. Of course, it's hard for me to get to the Indian beer, when I'm addicted to mango lassi.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,957 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to find the best restaurants for...

For the beer...

Downtown SJ:

Gordon Biersch started in SJ and there is a brewery-restaurant on San Fernando. They do a good burger too.

Old Wagon Saloon and Grill - pretty decent beer selection, good burgers, barbecue, and other stuff - San Pedro St

Firehouse No. 1 - pub and pub grub. Good beer selection. - San Pedro St

Britannia Arms is good if you are looking for something a little British - Santa Clara St.

Outside downtown:

Yard House just openned in Santana Row - I haven't been there yet, but the beer selection is supposed to be very good.

Campbell Brewing Co is in downtown Campbell - the restaurant is called Sonoma Chicken Coop. "The Coop" is a local chain - I don't know if the other locations carry the Campbell Brewing Co beer though.

Byr of Belgium is good if you are looking for a good selection of Belgian beers - no burgers there, but you can get whaffles :)

Well that should get you started - there are other places too, but those are the ones that come to mind right off.

5. Re: Where to find the best restaurants for...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Jose