We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestions needed

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestions needed

I'm leaving for San Jose end of next week. I'm looking for a hotel in the 90-120/night range and having a tough time finding something good. I'm visiting a friend living near the center of the city so I'd prefer to be close by,but a little distance is fine as well.

I'll be taking day trips here and there, seeing clients and sites, but I'd still prefer a hotel that is comfy and worth hanging around should I have a lot of time in the hotel. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestions needed

I've been staying at the Fairmont alot lately but if you have a car it really bumps up the price. Very large rooms and comfortable beds. I think it has a nice lobby and the bar is always busy. We walk all over and the light rail and buses are right out the back door. I've been able to get rooms in your price range.

I've also stayed at the St Claire. I thought the rooms were small but comfortable. Similarly located to the Fairmont also paid for parking but it was a cheaper room than the Fairmont. The cost was in your price range. I don't know if I'd hang around hte lobby much. Didn't really call out to me.

The Marriott is across the street from the St Claire. Haven't stayed there yet but it looked busy to me.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestions needed

Thank you Suzie...I actually have a reservation at the Fairmont because the price was decent for a more upscale place and the girl on the phone was very helpful and offered me discounted parking though it's still a big rip off. I only took the reservation for now to see if something better comes along. I just don't have enough time to research, but appears I can't go wrong with this place.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,423 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestions needed

I've stayed at the Ste Claire, Marriott and Fairmont and all are nice hotels, you might get the best rates at the Ste Claire.

If it doesn't give you the rates you want, look at the Ramada Convention Center and the Four Points.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestions needed

If you do take the Fairmont then register for the President's Club -it doens't cost anything. You'll get free internet.

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Suggestions needed

I'm not sure what your thinking by a little distance, but the Cypress in Cupertino is 11 miles from downtown. It's a four star Kimpton. Weekend rates are 120.00 with taxes and fees. Weekdays will be a lot higher though.

Edited: 5:57 pm, June 29, 2012
San Jose
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Suggestions needed

Check the arena motel, maybe half a mile from downtown. There is a recent thread on it. It is on a somewhat travelled street, but also neat the rosegarden neighborhood etc..

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Suggestions needed

Fairmonts around the world have a summer deal of a 3rd night free. not sure if that works in SJ.

Fairmont also has a new cc promotion, which comes with 2 free nights, and first year's annual fee waived.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Suggestions needed

I took the Fairmont for now as I really didn't have time to put in more research. I got a decent deal it seems except for the parking. I may have some down time, any suggestions?

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Suggestions needed

I stayed at the Fairmont and loved it. It's a very clean well organized hotel with very friendly staff. The pool was relaxing and they actually served a great ceviche and made a good drink. The waitresses gave me tour information for places not far. I really enjoyed the hotel. In fact, I'm supposed to return next week, but now the price has doubled so I'm back on the market for a hotel in downtown San Jose.

10. Re: Hotel Suggestions needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Jose