We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late evening arrival - where to go?

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Late evening arrival - where to go?

We'll be arriving close to 8:30p and I figure it'll be an hour or so before we get our luggage and rental car. We'll be staying at the Homewood Suites on W. Trimble Road. I'm traveling with my mother-in-law, husband, and 4 children (ages 5-15).

First thing I'll need to do is feed the kids. Is there somewhere you'd recommend, close by, for a quick meal that would be open that late? My boys like burgers, and the rest of us are not picky eaters.

Also, is there a Target or Walmart nearby?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,117 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late evening arrival - where to go?

There is a great do it yourself tool to find restaurants, retail shops and other necessities close to a location. It will get you driving directions, reviews etc. and that is google maps

Here is the link to a map with Burger places close to your hotel. Try In -n-Out You can use the same map to look for a Target or Walmart. There are more Targets than Walmarts in the Bay Area as far as I can tell looking out from SF but I know there are a few in San Jose.

http://g.co/maps/vr7fz for Burgers

http://g.co/maps/9thst for Target

Edited: 2:34 pm, January 10, 2012
Orange, California
Level Contributor
414 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late evening arrival - where to go?

I know there is a hobees near buy, but don't know the hours, this is like a coffee sho, they are more known for their breakfasts. It is close to your hotel. But the best would probably be Red Rebin, burgers, all you can eat fries, big selection for kids of all ages, and the prices won't break the bank, and they are open late.

here is the address.

3906 Rivermark Plz, Santa Clara, CA 95054

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late evening arrival - where to go?

There is a Denny's (open late) about 2 miles from Homewood Suites:

1490 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95112. You can look at its location relative to the hotel on Google maps. Just click on "Get directions" and put the hotel as your location and Denny's address as your destination. By the way, I stayed at Homewood Suites several times when my daughter was at Santa Clara University and always found it very comfortable.

4. Re: Late evening arrival - where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, March 05, 2013