We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Parking San Jose Amtrak

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight Parking San Jose Amtrak

Can anyone affer advise on overnight parking at the San Jose Amtrack station? I'm planning a train trip to Santa Barbara for a couple of nights, but live far enough away that a taxi or town car to and from the station will be costly.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight Parking San Jose Amtrak

Excellent question. There is light rail and Caltrain into San Jose Amtrak, if either would be more convenient.

Try calling the station during business hours.

Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight Parking San Jose Amtrak

I could not find a phone # for the station; Amtrak 800# told me there is parking near w/out gates or security, so unless I hear otherwise here I will drive there to scope it out. Thanks for helping...

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight Parking San Jose Amtrak

Amtrak long term parking:

A lot located south of the station is reserved for Amtrak riders. A special permit from the Amtrak ticket office is required.

Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight Parking San Jose Amtrak

Thank you! Amtrak's 800 # did not share this with me. Appreciate your assistance and knowledge!

5. Re: Overnight Parking San Jose Amtrak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 08, 2011
Get answers to your questions about San Jose