We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Old Town

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leavenworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Old Town

Are most of Old Town restaurants and shops open on Sundays and if so until what time? Is Old Town close to Amtrak? And finally, good casual restaurant recommendations and entertainment in Old Town would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
16,868 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Old Town

Yes they should be open on Sundays, I don't know until what time, but probably 9 pm. Amtrak station is about 3-4 blocks from Old Town. The best thing in Old Town is the Railroad Museum.

Redding, California
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Old Town

I like Rio City Cafe and Fat City. Both open Sundays.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Old Town

Generally around 9pm.

Fat City - Asian fusion menu, casual. I like best - Pork Osso Buco, Tequila Lime Steak, Banana Creme Pie.

Rio City Cafe - more upscale, riverfront view dining.

Pilot House on board the Delta King, riverfront view dining.

Joe's Crab Shack - family, casual, riverfront view dining.

La Terraza - Mexican style restaurant, mariachi band on Sundays I think, but check with them.

There are all kinds of restaurants at Old Town, from upscale to very primitive.

Entertainment is... what? There's Laughs Unlimited, stand up comedy shows. Check show times.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Old Town

In addition to the previous places you may want to check out Ten22. I know they have live music on Fri. and Sat. nights, not sure about Sundays.

I think the Delta Bar & Grill, also on the Delta King, may be what you're looking for. They have river front dining and really good food but about half the price of the Pilothouse downstairs. You can sit outside right along the river on an old riverboat.

5. Re: Old Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 30, 2015