We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

Where can I get a good corned beef or pastrami sandwich?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

Yes but it is more fun to watch both sides make mistakes and not care . Easier to watch

Australia
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

thank you all again. Its all noted down. Can't wait.

Level Contributor
142 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

Ok. You want pastrami or corned beef? It really isn't here, at least not like in LA, or NYC or Boca Raton. Yes, the places mentioned will sell you something called a pastrami sandwich, and you may even like it quite a lot (some of these aren't bad), but if you want pastrami or corned beef you gotta go with the folks who invented it and that means you are looking for a NY Jewish Deli. There's none here. Sorry.

Close by, the best you'll get is Max's in Auburn (about 45 minutes up I 80 right at the Hwy 49 exit.) Better, as long as you're in the SF Bay Area, is either Saul's in Berkeley or Brothers in (of all places) the Mission District in SF. Best in California, is Brents in Northridge (a north LA suburb), although in LA you'll get lots of votes for other places, too. Sigh. I do miss NY deli sometimes....

California
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

Sorry, the best in L.A. is Langer,s

Level Contributor
142 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

I will concede that many do think Langer's the best in LA. Certainly it is both very good and beats anything in Sacramento!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
641 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

If it is during the day Bud's Buffetd in downtown Sacramento has good fresh meats they cook up daily and the Reuben is on their menu as well as Pastrami. Most sandwiches are served hot.

Level Contributor
142 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

A correction to my prior post: the place in SF is called Wise Sons Deli.

http://wisesonsdeli.com/24th-street-deli-menu

My prior reference to Brothers was incorrect and referred actually to an old Sacramento place that's been out of business for the last 20 years....

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
8,644 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

Try Plaza Hof Brau at El Camino and Watt. Once upon a time was Sam's (Sam Gordon) who had several Hof Brau's dating from the 1950s. I liked the one on J Street near 17th (long gone)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,392 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

I never did see what was luring the OP to Sacramento, but with threads on pastrami, burgers and unique dining, I am wondering why a detour to LA is not in the works for the best pastrami sandwich in the country at Langer's Deli (beat Katz's Deli NY in a blind taste test showdown), the famous burgers of LA (Umami, Apple Pan, Father's Office, etc) plus all the other, special and unique restaurants that LA has.

20. Re: Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 27, 2014