We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sacramento to Reno this April 25th

San Diego...
Level Contributor
37 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Sacramento to Reno this April 25th

I am looking to drive from Sacramento to Reno leaving at 11pm. How long will it take me and how are road conditions at this time of day. Thanks.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,434 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sacramento to Reno this April 25th

suzie --- didn't mean to imply two-lane roads. Not at all. There are just some areas with curves (not sharp) through the mountains that have maybe 4 lanes, as you climb. It is a major highway and for someone familiar with it, it is not problematic at all. I was talking to the OP who hasn't done it before, I assume --- otherwise we wouldn't have gotten the question in the first place.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sacramento to Reno this April 25th

This is one of those times I didn't read other replies before adding my own. I usually read everyone's reply before submitting any comment. So this one time Marly, my reply had nothing to do with any one else's reply.

Don't be hurt that I didn't read your contribution. :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,434 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sacramento to Reno this April 25th

Smile --- not hurt in the slightest. Just want to ensure the OP gets as much valuable info on the original question to have a safe drive. I think we've all helped. ;=))

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sacramento to Reno this April 25th

Has anyone mentioned animals ... deer especially in the foothills. Be careful.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,434 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sacramento to Reno this April 25th

I mentioned wildlife (deer is what I meant) in post #8. Yup --- it's a possibility in the dark, which is why folks need to slow down when they start climbing and getting into the mountains --- especially if they are unfamiliar with the highway.

Hope the OP drives safe and will come back and let us know about his drive as others could benefit.

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
647 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sacramento to Reno this April 25th

Just to add in - some of the worst curves/narrowest lanes, chances of deer are in the area mostly between Colfax and Gold Run, plus they have the cement dividers making it hard for the deer to clear, so beware going through there.

17. Re: Sacramento to Reno this April 25th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 19, 2014