We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California Dreaming: Hotel With Safe Parking In Sacramento

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
434 reviews
Save Topic
California Dreaming: Hotel With Safe Parking In Sacramento

My husband & I are looking for a relatively quiet hotel in the $75-$100 range with a safe parking lot in the Sacramento area for a one night stay on the last leg of our road trip from Vancouver Island to Palm Springs.

I have looked at the hotel reviews on TA and was surprised that there was so much worry about personal safety & theft from vehicles in the parking lots at the hotels.

The two hotels that seemed to fit our budget & had included breakfasts were the Vagabond Inn Executive in Old Town and the Crowne Plaza Sacramento (North East.)

Are these good choices for safety, comfort, & quiet? Are there better ones? Would we have to take everything out of our vehicle?

We are taking a fair amount of stuff for our condo(s) stays through S. Ca.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: California Dreaming: Hotel With Safe Parking In Sacramento

condu,

thanks for doing that, in advance. It's always great when someone will check back in after researching advice offered. Everyone learns from that.

Are you by chance a World Mark member? I ask because there are WM's all down the coast to Palm Springs and that's how we do much of our coastal vacations from Vancouver, all the way down to San Diego.

Have a great trip!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: California Dreaming: Hotel With Safe Parking In Sacramento

I guess I didn't notice where you inidicated you were looking for two beds. Sorry about that.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: California Dreaming: Hotel With Safe Parking In Sacramento

Even if you have valet parking, there may be a disclaimer that they take no responsibility for anything left in your car. You want a discount hotel rate but security that even a high level hotel may not provide. You will, as noted, see lots of hotels along I-5 before, in and after Sacramento. No need to pick a city like Stockton. Our favorite hotels in Sac are probably the Hyatt Regency and Le Rivage, and while I think cars are safe at both, I wouldn't assume that there's total security 24 hours a day, and both would likely be over your rate. I do know your problem, since we once drove across the country with a packed car. I'd probably opt for a hotel outside of town and look when I arrive to see if I can park right outside my room. And, of course, keep any real valuables, suchas money and ID, in the room.

Edited: 8:23 am, December 30, 2012
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: California Dreaming: Hotel With Safe Parking In Sacramento

The OP has said she's staying at the vagabond near old sac & removing her belongings.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: California Dreaming: Hotel With Safe Parking In Sacramento

marlySF:No, I'm not a WM member. I have booked our accommodations from VRBO members. We were happy with our first VRBO condo on Buenos Aires.

I hope we will be as happy with the 3 condos we have rented for this trip to Ca.

suzie-travels: Sorry. I didn't mention the requirement of 2 beds. It is hard to give the best advice if, you don't have all the info. LOL!

26. Re: California Dreaming: Hotel With Safe Parking In Sacramento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 01, 2014