We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local airlines

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
local airlines

Are there any inexpensive small plane operations to Medford, Eugene, or North Bend, OR?

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local airlines

United has flights to Medford. I don't know about the other destinations, but it would be very easy for you to check for flights to these locations.

These small plane, small airport flights are almost always quite a bit more $$$$. Not always though, so worth a check.

Edited: 3:27 pm, October 02, 2012
Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local airlines

Which place is your destination? I just searched Travelocity to North Bend, Medford, and Eugene. The flight to NBend takes 12 hours & is 500+ dollars, the other two destinations are 5-6 hours & just under 300.00 dollars.

Driving Sac to Medford is 5 hours & to Eugene is 8 hours. The scenery is quite nice north of Red Bluff area.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: local airlines

If you are from Anderson and you'll have to drive to Sacto you may want to detour to Oakland wher eyou can fly to Medford on Alaska for $222. It takes hecka long though, 4 hours

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: local airlines

By local airlines do you mean some small,hidden airline not appearing on sites such as Expedia? Not that I ever heard of. United via SFO or Alaska via Portland seem to be the main choices to Medford or Eugene. Or Southwest to Portland and then Amtrak or Greyhound from there. Amtrak goes to Klamath Falls and Eugene.

Edited: 4:37 pm, October 02, 2012
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: local airlines

Amtrak goes to Medford it just happens to be the connecting Amtrak bus.

Takes crazy long to get to these places on Amtrak too though.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
556 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: local airlines

Allegiant Air will fly you from Oakland to Eugene, but only on Mondays and Fridays.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: local airlines

I live in Oregon and fly in/out of Eugene several times a year, Mbruce, on Alaska/Horizon.

First off, North Bend is not much of an airport and there are very few flights in and out of there! Medford and Eugene are both pleasant regional airports that have all services - just not nearly as many as say, Portland or Sacramento. The bulk of flights to Eugene tend to go through a larger airport such as Portland, and probably Medford is similar.

Perhaps it would help if you could say just where you want to go?

The three airports you've mentioned are fairly far apart. There are some bus services which are fairly cheap.

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: local airlines

Yes, Medford is very small like Arcata & Chico. I flew out of there once when the Arcata airport was fogged in.

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: local airlines

My husband has meetings in Sacramento. Afterwards, he wants to visit his brother in Brookings. I was just trying to find a less time consuming travel plan than driving to Brookings and back to Sacrament to fly home to Indiana. I looked at airfare and time and as travelingrunn... said it is long and expensive. I thought some locals might know some secrets.

I know it is very beautiful. He will probably drive and take in the coastal beauty. Thanks.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: local airlines

Hmmm, have you looked at flying from Sac to Arcata/Eureka? United (SkyWest) does fly direct but with limited flights but they are probably not very cheap! Although once you figure in car rental and gas cost @ $4.35 per gallon . . .

Eureka airport is just under two hours drive from Brookings.