We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sacramento airport question

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sacramento airport question

I thought I saw something on the news about a new parking area (free) for picking up pasengers? It is not the hourly lot, but an area where you can stay with your car while waiting for your passenger to get their luggage? I see nothing about this on the airport web page.

I am picking up someone tomorrow (terminal A), and plan my arrival at the airport at the same time as the airplane touchdown. With a cell phone it will be easy to talk to them when they are ready to be picked up in the drive up arrival area.

Anyone know about this new parking area?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
60,840 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sacramento airport question

Cell phone lots are one of the best "inventions"! I love them. It looks like the lot at SMF opened in March 09, but I can't remember seeing it.

-------------

" Does Sacramento International Airport have a Cell Phone Lot?

The free lot is conveniently located near the Interstate 5 entrance/exit (see map) with access to both terminals. Waiting in the area is limited to three hours and unattended vehicles are strictly prohibited." sacairports.org/int/…CellPhoneLot

And the map: sacairports.org/int/…20Map.pdf

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sacramento airport question

Yes, indeed, we have a cell phone lot!

It is on the west side of the entrance road, with signage that is OK to see. Its not great signage. Follow the signs for Garden Highway, going near the Arco gas station, and drive straight into the lot after crossing over the bridge spanning the entrance road.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sacramento airport question

Cell Phone Lot--- I did not know what it is called, but that is a very proper title. Thanks for your help. I know where the lot is located, but I don't remember seeing it on my last trip. Well- I am off to the airport.

4. Re: Sacramento airport question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 13, 2011