We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bike path

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
230 reviews
Save Topic
bike path

Can someone tell me more about the bike path. We are staying at the Best Western and can rent bikes there, or is there a better place to rent? Can you give me more info on the bike path? I am writing from Boston in the middle of a snow and ice storm, so I just need to believe there is a sunny beach out there somewhere.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bike path

I use to do it all the time as a kid, you can go from torrance beach to playa del rey, it must be 10-15 miles. Really the only tricky place is around redondo beach pier, other than that just flat bike lane. Really a nice ride. We have had really great weather laltely, but typically we get rain in February.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,889 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bike path

Actually, you can go beyond Playa del Rey to Marina del Rey, Venice and Santa Monica (if your legs don't give out).

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bike path

Don't know what condition the bikes are in at the Best Western Hotel, but Marina Bike Rentals is right on Harbor Drive in Redondo and has been around a long time. There are 20 miles of paths along the beach cities. Stop and have breakfast or lunch along the way, check out the pier's of the other cities.

http://www.redondo.com/business/bikerent.html

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bike path

that sounds so wonderful right now, I cannot even tell you especially the part about stopping for meals, what could better than eating and biking! Except for maybe drinking wine and cross country skiing.

5. Re: bike path

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 16, 2009