We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One dinner in Redondo Beach .. where to eat?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
One dinner in Redondo Beach .. where to eat?

We only have one night for dinner while we are staying in Redondo Beach and are trying to figure out where we should go. We are looking for nice atmosphere and great food. Ideally, we'd like to find a place that utilizes organic and seasonal ingredients, that has good seafood, and that has a good wine list. Any suggestions?

seattle
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: One dinner in Redondo Beach .. where to eat?

Still helpful for those of us who have never been and are going soon - I'm going at the end of the month for the first time, so keep up the posting! Even if the original poster doesn't read it someone out there will.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: One dinner in Redondo Beach .. where to eat?

I like Zazou, but possibly better (and right near Zazou) is Gina Lee's Bistro. Although the ambiance and building is nicer at Zazou, Gina Lee's food is amazing. Try their Ahi Tuna, it's the best I've ever had.

I go to Redondo Beach monthly (it's where I'm from), and I find myself at Kincaid's nearly every time. The service and food are great, the view is great. It's a larger restaurant and less-boutique than Zazou or Gina Lee's. If you prefer, bigger, fancier go to Kincaids. If you prefer smaller and more intimate, than Zazou or Gina Lee's.

If you want to eat seafood like a man, try Captain Kid's which is a stone's throw from Kincaids. It's a fish market that serves extremely fresh fish, and for like $3 they'll cook it for you and you can eat it there. It's not fancy at all, but it's not cheap either. If I just want good seafood quick, I do Captain Kids, but it's a fish market, smells like a fish market, and is the furthest thing from romantic; just thought I'd throw that in there anyways.

Mentioned in this post
Zazou
Zazou
75 Reviews
Redondo Beach, CA
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: One dinner in Redondo Beach .. where to eat?

sunboy, all three restaurants I listed above, Gina Lee's, Zazou, and Kincaids all have pretty good wine lists. Many smaller California wineries which I enjoy.

If you end up at Gina Lee's, they have one of my favorite winery's; Merry Edwards Pinot Noir.

Cheers,

Brian

Mentioned in this post
Zazou
Zazou
75 Reviews
Redondo Beach, CA
14. Re: One dinner in Redondo Beach .. where to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 11, 2009