We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good places for... ???

AZ3
Arizona
Level Contributor
47 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Good places for... ???

I am looking for places to explore in this "area" (alone as a female)... I understand I will have to drive to get to some places, which is a-ok with me! I just want to know the spots people recommend that are not too far away (I would like to keep the driving time each way to 2hr or so but am willing to do more if it is worth it... starting point is Redlands):

1) Mountains: hiking, sights, towns... pretty much anything!

2) Beaches: Best for... calm/quiet, view, walking...etc.

3) Other outdoor loc.

4) museums, zoos, etc

5) ??? Any other suggestions!

Thank you!!! I really appreciate any help offered!!!

Redlands, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good places for... ???

Hi,

The Glen Ivy Hot Springs is a wonderful way to spend an entire day. About 40 miles from Redlands. It has wonderful hot pools, mud baths, etc. The have a website if you want to look at it. Palm Springs is close by and has lots of fun places to shop.

Have fun!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good places for... ???

Pretty much everything in the Los Angeles area is within one or one and a half hours but weekday commuting is NOT fun. I would consider the Huntington Library and Gardens--lots to see and stroll through--an easy drive on the 210 freeway. The Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena is also relatively easy to reach and Pasadena also has nice shopping/strolling areas. Palm Springs is also good; the Indian canyons are worth a hike and there is a tramway up the mountain where you can hike or walk among the pines. In the fall, a short drive up to Oak Glen and its apple orchards is pleasant--cider and apple pie, yum!

AZ3
Arizona
Level Contributor
47 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good places for... ???

Thanks!!!

4. Re: Good places for... ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Redlands