We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farm Fresh Gourmet Dining in Redding or nearby???

Eureka,CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Farm Fresh Gourmet Dining in Redding or nearby???

Help! Can Black Bear really be the best restaurant in town?! I'm taking my mom elderly mother on a mini vacation to Redding to see the Sundial and the Cascade Theatre and we need dinner and lunch spots. We just went to Black Bear (in Sonoma) for Easter (her regular fav restaurant) and I can't bear it again so soon. Is there a restaurant in Redding or nearby that serves anything akin to gourmet cuisine? Specializes in farm fresh vegetables creatively prepared with wild seafood or chicken? Doesn't have to have white linen tablecloths or be ritzy, but that would be OK. Local, hole in the wall that really does a great job would be a delightful find. Price doesn't matter only quality.

Any suggestions?

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farm Fresh Gourmet Dining in Redding or nearby???

When ever we go to Redding, my sister takes us to Cattleman's or Logans Steakhouse. To me these are the best two I've eaten at. Cattleman's makes a nice salad at table side for each diner. Meals come with potato and bread. They also have an Outback Steakhouse there too. Outback has that special lobster add-on that I love and seafood/chicken options. If you know anyone who is a member of the country club - their food is really good.

Enjoy your trip.

Redding, California
Level Contributor
136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farm Fresh Gourmet Dining in Redding or nearby???

I think Pio Loco is exactly what you are looking for.

Level Contributor
35,920 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farm Fresh Gourmet Dining in Redding or nearby???

We have dined at the Black Bear, it is really not that great, kind of like a cafeteria ambiance. We have also stopped at the Cattleman's for dinner, very nice steakhouse with grat food, you can add on lobster, prawns, crab legs etc. Much better than Black Bear diner! Enjoy your travels! :)

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farm Fresh Gourmet Dining in Redding or nearby???

It Ain't fancy but it's great food! Checkit Out!

BUZ'S CRAB STAND & SEAFOOD MARKET 243-2120 2159 East Street

Shasta, California
Level Contributor
252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farm Fresh Gourmet Dining in Redding or nearby???

What you're looking for is a hour north of Redding: Cafe Maddalena in Dunsmuir.

In Redding is Gironda's, not specifically known for farm-fresh but very good quality and excellent service.

6. Re: Farm Fresh Gourmet Dining in Redding or nearby???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 24, 2009