We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terranea Resort - where to eat and fun things to do?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
107 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Terranea Resort - where to eat and fun things to do?

Thinking of booking at Terranea for mid-February in Rancho Palos Verdes. Any suggestions for cute places for dinner nearby (not a chain)? As well, nearby day trips (not including downtown LA stuff) - something different than all the celebrity stuff. Thanks for your advice

5 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terranea Resort - where to eat and fun things to do?

For sure you'll want to drive down to Long Beach to see the Queen Mary and visit the Aquarium of the Pacific. The nearest restaurant I'm familiar with that's good is Gina Lee's Bistro but its a pretty significant drive from the resort. Unfortuantely Terranea is somewhat isolated so I'd anticipate a decent length drive to get most places.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terranea Resort - where to eat and fun things to do?

By the way, I'd suggest that you post your question in the Los Angeles forum - more people will see it there and you'll get more answers. For instance the last post in this forum prior to yours was from September.

Bernalillo, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terranea Resort - where to eat and fun things to do?

Also take a look at Redondo Beach. Not too far and it does not detract terribly from the beauty of Rancho Palos Verdes. Go to RB at an off time.

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terranea Resort - where to eat and fun things to do?

Just going to Terrenea is off the beaten track. As Mach points out that side of PV is isolated by LA standards. Frank Lloyd Wright designed the nearby Wayfarers Chapel. Nearby are the South Coast Botanical Gardens and the Point Vicente Interpretive Center. In mid February there will be volunteers there conducting an annual whale census. They let me look through their telescopes and binoculars.

There are some very good restaurants in Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Manhattan Beach. What type of food are you looking for? Do you want an ocean view? I would consider the Bottle Inn in Hermosa Beach. It is on the beach but has no view but has great food. There are multiple good restaurants near PV in the Hollywood Riviera Section of Redondo Beach. For fish and an ocean view we like the Blue Water Grill in the King Harbor section of Redondo Beach.

Just driving to the top of Palos Verdes is a kick. The views are great. I love the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. I think that it is under-rated and often missed. I also like the drive over the Vincent Thomas Bridge through the San Pedro and Long Beach Harbors. I like seeing the ships and the sea of containers. There are many different and unique places that we can send you. What are your interests?

Edited: 10:31 pm, August 23, 2017
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,977 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terranea Resort - where to eat and fun things to do?

This post is from Jan. 2013!

I'm sure the original poster has come and gone by now!

Reply to: Terranea Resort - where to eat and fun things to do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rancho Palos Verdes