We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rancho Cordova, CA

Which Rancho Cordova hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
52 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Rancho Cordova, CA

My wife and I are thinking of moving to the Sacramento area and a friend of a friend told us to check out Rancho Cordova. They said it's an up and coming place to be. Can someone confirm or deny if this is true? Is it a desireable place to live??

Thanks!

Sacramento...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rancho Cordova, CA

There are a lot of new homes being built on the outskits of Rancho Cordova. Many areas are a little scarey, gangs. I find Folsom a much safer town, and nicer.

Placerville, CA
Level Contributor
398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rancho Cordova, CA

Well, there are some scary gangy places in Rancho Cordova. I would not call it desirable. There is new housing on the south side, I believe, but if you have to drive on Sunrise or Zinfandel to get to highway 50, the traffic is truly congested and a nightmare. There are other much nicer areas. It depends on what you're looking for. For newer homes, try Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Roseville, Lincoln, Natomas. If you like older homes with character and full grown trees, try Land Park, midtown, the Fabulous Forties, or East Sacramento. For country life, there are lots of places...Placerville area, Auburn area, Loomis, Sheldon, etc. I'd recommend staying away from Oak Park, South Sacramento, Meadowview/Florin, Del Paso, Alkali Flats, some parts of West Sacramento, Citrus Heights, and Rancho Cordova. Keep in mind when you look at areas, if you see a tall bank of earth that is flat on top, it is probably a levee. We have big rivers in the area and you need to be aware of this and make your own decision (I chose to live in the foothills and off of the flood plain, but then we have wildfire danger). Also consider school districts if you have children. IMHO, you DON'T want Sac City Unified. Don't let all of this scare you though. Just make sure you check everything out before you make a permanent decision. The best thing we did was to talk to a lot of local people...at the park, at stores, whereever we could find them...and ask where they recommended.

Get answers to your questions about Rancho Cordova