We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Trip Report - Day 14 - Pismo Beach

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Trip Report - Day 14 - Pismo Beach

This 16 day trip to the States was our honeymoon; below I have listed the full itinerary so if you are interested in a particular place then you can jump to it by clicking through my posts via my profile page. I'm going to split the trip report into sections by putting the locations in that particular forum but post this section in every post so people are aware of where we visited.

The full itinerary:

18th September 2011 to 4th October 2011 (16 days)

Los Angeles (4 Nights)

Hotel – Beverly Terrace: http://www.hotelbeverlyterrace.com

Las Vegas (3 Nights)

Hotel – Platinum: http://www.theplatinumhotel.com

Yosemite National Park (2 nights)

Hotel – Yosemite Lodge: yosemitepark.com/Accommodations_YosemiteLodg…

San Francisco (3 nights)

Hotel – Hotel Del Sol: jdvhotels.com/hotels/…overview

Monterey (1 night)

Hotel – Super 8: http://www.super8monterey.com

Pismo Beach (3 nights)

Hotel – Sea Crest: http://www.seacrestpismo.com/

Leave Tuesday 4th October (Drive back to LAX Airport)

----------------------

Day 14 – 1st October 2011 – Pismo Beach

We woke up quite early in Monterey as we knew the drive to Pismo was around 3 hours, so after checking out and having breakfast we set off around 9am. We decided on Pismo Beach as a last stop due to the 2 weeks of driving we had already done, (if you're just reading this refer to my previous 13 trip report’s) we thought it would be a nice stop to chill out and spend some beach time :) but before arriving at Pismo we were to drive Big Sur :)

We were both looking forward to driving the Big Sur and we were not disappointed. The 90 miles of wild coastline were awesome, we stopped a few times for pictures so the journey to Pismo was probably around 4 hours :) this was not a problem though as we were not in a rush.

We eventually got to our hotel in Pismo Beach around 1pm, we stayed at the Sea Crest Resort (http://www.seacrestpismo.com/) the check in time was around 3pm but the room was ready so we headed up. We opted for a ocean view and we were so happy we did, this was our view from balcony - …photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00737.jpg

The room was really nice to, much better than what we expected, it had useful utilities including fridge freezer, microwave etc... and the room and bathroom were very clean. Overall we were very happy. So after stripping down and changing we thought lets hit the beach :) it was around a 2/3 minute walk down some steps before we got to the beach, perfect :) I will be honest the beach wasn’t stunning as there was quite a lot of seaweed which attracted fly’s and every now and then there was a dead bird, but that aside there were spots where you could sit away from all that.

We attempted to enter the ocean but it was freezing and I didn’t have the balls to do it so I didn’t go all the way in, we decided to walk along the beach a little before eventually turning round and heading back to the hotel. We decided to jump in the Jacuzzi and chill, was lovely :) after all this the time flew and was now around 4/5pm so we headed back up to the room to get showered as we were getting hungry :)

Whilst Hannah was in the shower I jumped on the TA iPhone app and had a look at nearby restaurants! Awesome app eh? It was recommending us to visit the Ventana Grill (tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g32894-d…) it was literally a 4 minute walk away so I was pleased as I could drink.

After a short walk we entered the restaurant, it was quite busy in there and the lady said we would have to wait an hour for a table, this was expected as I had read on the reviews that reservations were recommended, so as it was a nice night we ordered a bottle of white and sat outside on the balcony area which had brilliant views of the ocean, it was such a nice evening we even got to watch the sunset, check out the picture - …photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00717.jpg

Around 45 minutes had passed and we were called in, as we had 45 minutes to look over the menu we ordered straight away, Hannah had seabass and I had a dish called Seafood & Chipotle Penne Pasta, oh my god it was fantastic! I'm not usually a seafood person but that dish was amazing! It had prawns, clams, tuna... ahh my mouths watering now :) It was definitely the best dish I had ordered all honeymoon! Amazing! Really do recommend this place.

After the excellent meal we headed back to the hotel for some sleep

Day 14 done :)

Level Contributor
36,372 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Trip Report - Day 14 - Pismo Beach

Beautiful sunset and great trip report! :).

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,745 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Trip Report - Day 14 - Pismo Beach

Glad you liked the Ventana Grill. They did an amazing job with the remodel and the food is innovative and quite good. Sea Crest Resort had also undergone a recent remodel, so you double scored on the hotel and the restaurant.

Sorry about the beach experience. At least you didn't see any bodies wash up. That happens from time to time, I'm sorry to say, but mostly further south of where you were.

Edited: 7:51 pm, October 26, 2011
Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Trip Report - Day 14 - Pismo Beach

Bodies? Really? Why?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,745 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Trip Report - Day 14 - Pismo Beach

I'll PM you on this one, jinxy

5. Re: Honeymoon Trip Report - Day 14 - Pismo Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 28, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pismo Beach